Facilities & Fees
Six fully equipped cabins and two loft studios provide accommodation for Contributing Residents.
Cabins with two beds:
#4 Willow Cabin, 960 sq.ft.
#5 Juniper Cabin, 960 sq.ft.
#6, Aspen Cabin, 960 sq.ft.
Three large two-bedroom cabins. 1 king bed in the main living space, 1 separate bedroom with queen bed, shared bathroom, shared full kitchen.
#10, Black Locust Cabin, 1090 sq.ft.
Large two-story, two-bedroom cabin. A queen bed in each bedroom, each with a private bathroom, shared full kitchen. One bedroom/bathroom is on the second floor.
Cabins with one bed:
#8, Russian Olive Cabin, 570 sq.ft.
#9, Pine Cabin, 570 sq.ft.
Each is a studio cabin with one queen bed and full kitchen.
Wildcat (south) 450 sq.ft. apartment and 195 sq.ft. studio
Diablo (north) 450 sq.ft. apartment and 195 sq.ft. studio
Each is a private and freestanding unit with stair access to a loft with one full bed. Includes full bathroom, small kitchen with microwave, small refrigerator, two-burner cook-top, no oven. A single bed or futon is available for Wildcat on the lower level. So configured, Wildcat is fully accessible. The single bed may also be provided as a second bed in the unit.
- The fee for one individual is $100 per night ($500 for a five-night minimum).
- If two individuals are accepted and share accommodations, the fee is $70 per night per person ($350 per person for five nights, or $700 for two.)
- If three or four people share one cabin (#4-#6, #10), the fee is $50 each per night.
- Workshop groups will range from $50 (3-4 shared cabin) to $70 (duo lodging) to $100 (solo lodging) per person per night. (2-night minimum.) To discuss group rates, please contact Playa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Studios accommodate multi-disciplinary projects and laboratory and research space for the arts and sciences. All studios except Sandhill offer views of the terrain surrounding Playa. Each studio space is heated, well-lit, and includes standard items, such as sink, table, chair, and bulletin board.
- Sandhill (Shop Studio.) Accessed by 10’x10’ rolling door, 23’x23’ industrial space, 530 sf
- Avocet (Shop studio). 13’6” x 23’. Common wall and interior door with Sandhill. 310 sf
- Petroglyph Studio (attached to Cabin #10 with exterior access) . 17’ x 11’ 3”. 200 sf
- Wildcat Studio. Included in Loft Studio, 11’6” x 17’. 195 sf
- Diablo Studio. Included in Loft Studio, 11’6” x 16’ 4”. 195 sf
- Other project work areas include the open-sided Loafing Shed attached to the two Shop Studios.
- Studios are available only in conjunction with lodging.
- Studio included when staying in Loft Studio.
- Petroglyph and Avocet are $10/day; Sandhill Shop studio is $15/day.
- No extra fees for shared studio use.
Please indicate on the Facility Use Application your request for food service. The fee schedule for food services available upon request. It is assumed groups and organizations will provide and prepare their own food unless otherwise arranged with Playa staff.
- The Commons is available without cost for casual use by residents. Reservations for exclusive use of spaces in the Commons should be arranged in advance.
- The Commons includes a large commercial Kitchen, Fireplace Room, Dining Room, Mezzanine Meeting Room, Garden Room, Outdoor Terrace, and three bathrooms.
- Other Facilities and spaces at Playa: Homestead, School Marm’s house, Laundry Room, Maintenance Shop, Small Pond, Big Pond, Footbridge, The Greensward, Paths.
Meeting Space Fees
- Fees depend on use; please contact Playa for more information.
- The Mezzanine and Garden Room can be reserved for meetings, workshops or other gatherings by individuals, groups, organizations, or workshop leaders.
- The main Commons space comprising the Fireplace Room, Large Dining Area, and contiguous communal Kitchen, can be reserved for meals, presentations or other gatherings.
- Both have pull-down projection screens. One projector is available on site.
- A deposit of 20% of the total fee is required no later than 8 weeks prior to the start of the residency. For residencies accepted less than 8 weeks before arrival, deposits must be submitted upon acceptance.
- The full residency fee must be paid no later than 2 weeks prior to arrival.
- Cancellations made less than 4 weeks before arrival forfeit the deposit.
- Cancellations made within 2 weeks of arrival forfeit the full residency fee. We regret we cannot make exceptions to these policies.
- Payment by check can be mailed to Playa, 47531 Highway 31, Summer Lake, OR 97640. Payment by credit card can be made on Playa’s website using Playa’s PayPal account. To access PayPal, click on Donations and Friends of Playa under the Support tab.
Note: On a limited basis, arrangements may be made for a reduced fee/work residency. Working residencies are awarded on a case by case basis and are dependent on our needs during the period requested. Examples of work might include landscape labor, cleaning, or moving rock. Please inquire to email@example.com.